Thursday 21 March 2013

Final Concept Variations

I decided to take my final design and make it feel more like a hallucination, as before it was more of a blueprint with no real atmosphere. Here I have tried several different techniques to achieve this effect.

This is my final design with an added background, a strange purple glow and ominous sillhouttes.

For this concept I made the cottage and surrounding grass/assets 50% visible and created a wavy effect. This looks good on the concept but not sure how I'd achieve this effect in UDK.
Here I layered the faded view and the clear view on top of each other, to give a less drastic effect. Think this could be achieved through a particle system in UDK similar to the heat haze one already packaged.
For this one I altered the Hue and Saturation of the image, to give it a more eerie; hallucination like appearance. From my research I have also found that colour displacement is common in hallucinations so this concept works on multiple levels, and I believe it creates a nice balance between the colours; adopting a much more extra-ordinary undertone.
I personally think the final concept with the altered Hue and Saturation is my favourite and conveys the story successfully, I will have to get some feedback of other people and my tutors first but for now, this is the design I'm sticking with.

No comments:

Post a Comment